Are you looking for a real challenge for your Sims 4 gameplay?
Give the Sims 4 Rags to Riches challenge a try by starting from the bottom and reaching for the top.
Sims 4 challenges are made by simmers everywhere to bring something fun and new to the game in creative ways.
You abide by certain rules, so your sims live or build in specific ways.
Each challenge varies in length and difficulty based on the tasks to accomplish.
Some challenges last as long as your sims’ lifetime, which is the case for the Rags to Riches sims 4 challenge.
This challenge has your sims go from starting the game with nothing to becoming wealthy and having it all.
And if you want a glimpse of this sims 4 challenge, check out Syd Mac’s video:
Disclaimer: The following mods are neither endorsed nor affiliated with The Sims, Maxis, or Electronic Arts. Any use of mods (custom content or game mods) should be done with caution and with the knowledge that there may be risks.
Sims 4 Rags to Riches Challenge Rules
There may be multiple versions of this challenge, each with its own set of rules.
I’ll be providing information from SimishGamer, the challenge’s original creator.
You get a list of goals to accomplish; in some cases, you’ll need to do certain tasks before starting or completing them.
Cheats are not allowed throughout this challenge, with some exceptions; more on that later.
Here are the rules for some of your sims’ essentials needs.
Before meeting the requirements to get a job, your sims will have to make money by:
- Video gaming
- Collecting items and selling them
- Computer programming
- Doing comedy at the nightclub
- Gardening outside of your lot
- Painting in community lots
- Playing music with an instrument
The first thing to do is to purchase the biggest empty lot on your world map, but you cannot build or use it until you’ve met the requirements.
So, to make money early in the challenge, you cannot do gardening on your lot, but you can around town.
You cannot earn money from social clubs until you clear the challenge’s primary goals.
Any items earned from clubs, like paintings, can be kept as decorations but not sold.
If you’re playing with the City Living Expansion Pack, you won’t be able to buy an empty lot, but get an apartment and empty it.
At some point, you’ll need to move up to a penthouse to access a garden that will allow you to complete the garden-specific goals.
When starting the sims 4 rags to riches challenge, you’ll be broke and homeless, so you’ll need to sleep in public places.
Depending on your friendship level with other sims, you may be able to stay over at a friend’s place.
You’ll be only allowed to stay the night once a week, so every 7th sim calendar day.
Your sims will need to eat, so you can make the most out of public places like a park, scour for food, or grow your own.
It’ll be easier when you start making small amounts of money so that you can buy food.
If you choose to have someone not part of your family live with your sims, they cannot contribute to the family’s income.
You can set up the sims lifespan however you like and even turn it off entirely for this challenge.
For your sim to age up into a teen, they must either have perfect grades and 5 levels in any skill or have 10 levels in one skill.
The requirements for sims to become a young adult are almost the same, except your sims need to have perfect grades and 5 levels in 2 skills or 10 levels in 2 skills.
Cheats for the Rags to Riches Challenge
The rules state that we cannot use cheats, but some exceptions exist.
- Reset your sims
- MoveObjects to freely change an object around your house
- Money not to get more simoleons, but to get rid of it and set it to 0
- Taking money away (for mandatory steps where you need to pay for something and deduct the funds, for example, Blueprints).
As a quick reminder, to enable cheats, you must first open the Cheat Console.
Depending on the device you’re using, there are multiple ways to do this:
- To open the cheat box on a PC, press [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + [C] on the keyboard
- For PS4, press [X] + [O] or all four shoulder buttons.
- Press [A] + [B] or all four shoulder buttons for Xbox One users.
- With the cheat command console open, type testingcheats true or testingcheats on and press enter.
Sims 4 Rags to Riches Challenge Goals
Here is the list of goals to accomplish throughout this challenge.
You will need to complete some mandatory steps before pursuing specific goals.
1. Build a House
Before building a home for your sims, you’ll need to fulfill specific tasks first:
- Reach level 5 for the Handiness skill
- Reach level 3 for the Logic skill
- Pay the city a fine of 500 simoleons for noise disturbance
You can build your sims’ house when the criteria have been met.
By the end of this sims 4 challenge, your sims’ house must have the following:
- A kitchen
- A dining and living room
- An office room with a computer
- At least three bedrooms and two baths
- Fully furnished rooms
- A garden
- A swimming pool
Before building your garden or placing items outside, you’ll first need to complete these steps:
- Finish creating your starter home
- Meet the previous requirements for building a home
- Reach level 7 for the Handiness skill
- Reach level 5 for the Gardening skill
Your sims starter home must have a minimum of:
- One bedroom with a bed
- One bathroom with a shower and toilet
- A kitchen with a fridge, counter, sink, stove, fire alarm
- A living/dining area with a table, a chair, and a couch
- Pay 500 simoleons for blueprints
2. Get a Career
In this Rags to Riches sims 4 challenge, your sims will need a career to become successful.
But before they do, your sims must first accomplish these steps:
Build a house that includes these essentials:
They also have to pay 1,000 simoleons for a college degree
Once that’s been taken care of, you may get a job and pursue these goals:
- No restrictions on career choices
- Get to level 10 of any of your available career branches
- If your sims are running their own business:
- Have the employees fully trained
- Earn 100,000 simoleons with the business
- Buy the Entrepreneurial Mindset lifetime reward for 10,000 simoleon
3. Start a Family
Your sims must follow these steps when having a family:
- Your sims must have a house before they can marry
- Kids must have their skills maxed out before aging up from their Toddler phase
- To reach their Teen phase, kids must meet one of these two requirements:
- Reach level 5 for one skill with perfect grades
- Reach level 10 for any skill
- To pass from Teens to Young Adults, your sim kids must achieve one of the following:
- Reach level 5 for two skills and a part-time job
- Reach level 10 for any two skills
- Your sims must host a wedding each time a couple gets married
By following these steps, you can now focus on these family-related goals:
- Get married
- Have one or more kids
- The same goes for grandkids
There are no mandatory steps for aspirations.
You only need to complete these goals throughout your gameplay:
- Accomplish one aspiration goal for both your sim and their spouse
- The same goes for each of their children
Before the end of your sims 4 rags to riches challenge, you must achieve these money-related goals:
- Have your household be worth 100,000 simoleons or more
- Have 200,000 simoleons sitting at the bank
Use the money cheat to deduct the amount for any tasks you must pay for things like blueprints.
More Goals for the Rags To Riches Sims 4 Challenge
If you want to add more difficulty to your sims 4 challenge, here are a few optional goals that you can pursue:
- Have twins or triplets
- Have a family of at least three children and three grandchildren
- Have one of your grownup children live at home with their own kids
- After having kids, leave your current partner and remarry
- Make your sims have a great relationship with their kids
- Complete one of your children’s aspirations as an adult
- Complete one of your grandkids’ aspirations as a child
- Complete one of your grandchildren’s aspirations as an adult
- Get your starter sim couple to level 10 of their respective careers
- Complete all optional goals your sims can achieve
- Get your sims up to level 5 for every skill available in the game
- Have your sims read all the books in the game
- Have your sims write a book of every kind
- Give your sims a hobby
- Upgrade your home into a mansion furnished with pricey items
- Have your household be worth one million Simoleons
- Have a bank account with at least 500,000 or even 1,000,000 Simoleons
- Buy all lifetime rewards for one sim that aren’t potions
- Go to every community lot at least three times
- On your house’s walls, hang at least five of your sims’ homemade paintings
- Complete every type of party successfully at the highest level of success
- Make your sims ‘Woohoo’ everywhere possible
- Be the host to at least five weddings
- Have ten house parties and get three guests into the pool in each one
Sims 4 Rags to Riches Challenge: Final Thoughts
There are a lot of rules, mandatory steps, and guidelines to follow, but the sims 4 rags to riches challenge is worth a try.
Sure, this mega challenge may look hard, but it’s pretty straightforward, and there are worse challenges out there.
And, if you’re not afraid of a real challenge, you can take as many optional goals as you wish.
The concept of starting with nothing and finishing with everything is nothing less than a brilliant idea.
After completing the sims 4 challenge, you’ll find it very rewarding.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave us a comment below or tag us on Tumblr.